From 29th January 2021, you can find your dream job in our vacancies offer provided by Ordnance Survey Company. For example you can find there a job from location Hampshire, Southampton, United Kingdom functional area I.T. & Communications, position Software Engineer.
Salary offer for Permanent job is from 36414 GBP Annual.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Software Engineer (Java) to join our team based at our state-of-the-art Headquarters in Southampton however all our people, where they can, are currently working from home. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £36,414 - £42,840 per annum.
Ordnance Survey (OS) provides national mapping services for Great Britain and is a world-leading provider of geospatial solutions. OS location data and expertise has helped governments make smarter decisions, businesses gain valuable data insight, and everyone experience the world outside for over 225 years.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Software Engineer (Java):
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
About the role:
As our Software Engineer (Java), you will join our established project team and work to deliver customer requirements at pace and to a high standard using Java programming.
You will have daily contact with stakeholders and team members, and you will write code using best practices to ensure it is clean and testable. Working within an agile delivery methodology, you will ensure software is secure and well tested to optimise delivery.
What we're looking for in our Software Engineer (Java):
- Experience in Java and Cloud technologies
- A track record in problem resolution, selection of technical solutions and applications
- Experience of providing fully capable software development and configuration
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful API's
- Knowledge of modern engineering best practice like TDD, BDD and Automated Testing
- A proven track record in iterative and incremental development
- Qualified to relevant development certification (or equivalent)
Our growing Technology and Design team plays a key role in ensuring OS is at the cutting edge of geospatial capability and is looking for people to join them. Its mission is to work across the business to provide customer-centric design and technology services.
If you would like to be part of this, click apply now to be considered as our Software Engineer (Java), we'd love to hear from you!
Closing date: Sunday 14th February 2021